Breakfast can be a challenge for some of my clients, but I don’t let them get away with any excuses. Here is a great recipe that you can bake on the weekend, and enjoy for breakfast all week long (makes enough for 2-weeks for one person).
Enjoy a complete breakfast by pairing sliced apples and a glass of milk with this meal.
How is that for a healthy breakfast in less than 5 minutes? Hope you enjoy!
Oatmeal Breakfast Bar (Printable PDF)
- 2 cup Oatmeal
- 1 cup Nutri Flour blend or Whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp Windsor Half Salt TM
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1.5 cup Skim milk
- 1/4 cup Natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Canola oil
- 1 large Egg, whole, fresh
- 3 tbsp Splenda brown sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 125 ml Chocolate chips (1/2 Cup)
- 1/2 cup Walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line two 4 1/2 by 8 1/2-inch loaf pans with parchement paper.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl. Beat together the peanut butter, sugar, and oil with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Beat in the egg. Slowly add in the milk and vanilla.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and fold to combine. Stir in chocolate and 1/4 cup nuts and pour the batter into the two
- prepared pans. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining walnuts.
- Bake the bars for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden. Using an offset spatula, loosen the bars from the pan and turn onto a rack to
- cool completely. When cool, cut each pan into 8 bars. If you want smaller servings, cut each bar in half. Store in the fridge.