Another slow cooker time saver! I modified this recipe to use reduced calorie BBQ sauce (Kraft brand), and canned pineapple packed in its own juice (not syrup). I also modified this recipe for those who are trying to keep their calories per meal below 500 calories, and for those who are trying to stay below 600 calories/meal.
My daughter loved this recipe, but my husband who doesn’t like anything “sweet & sour” didn’t really like the meal. So if you don’t like sweet & sour, you probably won’t be a fan of this recipe.
Hope you enjoy! ~Susan
Hawaiian BBQ Chicken (PDF)
INGREDIENTS (Makes 8 servings)
- 4 breast Chicken Breast, Boneless, Raw
- 1 cup Pineapple, Juice Pack
- 1 cup Onion, Raw, Chopped
- 3 clove Garlic, Raw, Grated
- 1 tbsp Ginger Root, Raw, Grated
- 1 cup Kraft Bbq Sauce -calorie-wise Original
- 6 cup Healthy Harvest Whole grain pasta
- 12 cup Mixed Vegetables, Boiled, No Salt, Frozen, Drained
1. Place all ingredients into slow cooker (except pasta and vegetables).
2. Cook on high 4-6 hrs, or low for 8 hrs.
3. When done cooking, shred chicken with a fork.
4. Serve approx. 1 cup chicken from slow cooker on 3/4-1cup cup cooked whole grain pasta with 1.5- 2 cups of steamed vegetables.
Note: Calories =590/svg with 1 cup whole grain pasta and 2 cups vegetables.