I found this great recipe off of pintrest the other day, and had to make some revisions. I changed a few things to make it healthier and I was quite impressed with the taste. I served it to Sydney with a bit of spinach hummus mixed into it…she seemed to gobble it back. So if a 9 month old liked it, I am sure you will too!
Carrot and Dill Soup (PDF)
Makes 4x (2 cup) servings
- 1 tbsp CANOLA OIL
- 3 clove GARLIC, , chopped
- 1 large ONION, , chopped
- 3 cups BROTH, CHICKEN, LOW SALT, canned
- 28 oz Canned TOMATO, NO SALT
- 1 potato, RED, FLESH & SKIN, RAW, MEDIUM
- 4 cups CARROT, RAW, sliced
- 1 tbsp LEMON JUICE
- 1 tbsp DILL, DRIED
- 1 tsp Windsor Half Salt TM
- 1 tbsp PEPPER, BLACK, GROUND
1. In a large soup pot, sauté onion and garlic in canola oil (until lightly brown) and onions are translucent (approx. 5 minutes).
2. Deglaze pot with vegetable stock.
3. Add canned tomatoes with their liquid, carrots, potatoes. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes (or until vegetables are soft).
4. Stir in lemon juice and add dried dill, salt and pepper.
5. Transfer into a blender. Blend until smooth.
6. Transfer back to pot or slow cooker and keep warm until ready to serve.
Original recipe from: http://www.everythingreconsidered.com