High fibre and tasty…yes it is possible! Next time you feel like having pizza try this thin crust recipe and top it off with your favourite ingredients. I made a Greek pizza on Friday, and it was fantastic…try using pizza sauce, sliced tomatoes & onions, Kalamata olives, feta cheese and finish it off with a sprinkle of low fat mozzarella cheese. Next week I think I am going to make a Hawaiian pizza with the left over ham from Christmas.
This recipe makes 14 slices (of rolled out into a rectangular shape). If you are watching your carbs, each slice works out to be 14 grams carbs (17g minus 3g fibre)!
Hope you enjoy!
Thin Crust Whole Wheat Pizza Dough (Printable PDF)
- 2 1/2 cup WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR
- 4 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tbsp SUGAR
- 1 tsp Windsor Half Salt TM
- 250 ml WATER, plus 1\2 cup if needed
- 1 tsp CANOLA & VEGETABLE OIL
1. Combine all ingredients into a bowl fitted for an electric mixer. Attach a dough hook. Mix on low for 5 minutes. (Or mix by hand and knead for 5-8 minutes).
2. Take the dough out of the bowl. Pour 1 tsp of oil into the bottom of the bowl and roll the dough in it, lightly coating all of the dough.
3. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let sit in a warm place for 1 hour.
4. After the dough has risen, roll the dough out to ½ cm thick (for a thin crust) into a rectangular shape.
5. Top dough with your favorite pizza toppings.
6. Bake @ 350 for 30 minutes.
*Note: Nutritional analysis is for dough recipe only.