This is a great recipe that can be used for either Belgium waffles or (if you don’t have a Belgium waffle maker) pancakes! This recipe makes 6 waffles with 1 waffle being about 260 calories (leaving room for some strawberries for a topping and a glass of milk), 10 grams of protein, 38 carbs (minus 4 grams for fibre = 34 grams carbs!) Hope you enjoy!
Buttermilk Belgium Waffles (or pancakes) (PDF)
- 1 egg EGG
- 1 tsp LEAVENING AGENT, BAKING POWDER,
- 1 tsp LEAVENING AGENT, BAKING SODA
- 3 tbsp SUGAR, GRANULATED
- 1/4 tsp SALT, TABLE
- 1 1/2 cup Nutri Flour blend
- 1 3/4 cup 1% Buttermilk (light)
- 2 tbsp VEGETABLE OIL, CANOLA
- 2 tsp VANILLA EXTRACT
- In a large bowl add buttermilk, egg, vanilla, canola oil. Whisk together.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the milk mixture and whisk together until smooth.
- Use a light vegetable oil cooking spray on your waffle maker to ensure the waffle does not stick.
- Waffle alternative: This recipe makes about 10 medium sized pancakes.
- Tip: A stand mixer or hand held electric beater can be used to save time.
High Fibre flour used in this recipe