I think the key to this recipe is to make sure you use a food processor and blend the cauliflower until it is smooth. When I made it for Ross I didn’t pulse it long enough in the food processor and he said that he could notice the texture of the cauliflower…which in turn (for some reason) effected the taste for him. I guess if you know it is cauliflower you can’t trick your brain into thinking it is mashed potatoes.
I hope you enjoy!
INGREDIENTS (Printable PDF)
- 1 head CAULIFLOWER, RAW, large (6-7” diameter)
- 2 tbsp CREAM CHEESE, LOWFAT
- 2 clove GARLIC, RAW
- 1 tsp ONION POWDER
- 2 tbsp PARMESAN CHEESE, GRATED, REDUCED FAT
- 1 item Low Sodium Boullion Cube (reconstituted in 2 tbsp of hot water)
- 1 tbsp PAPRIKA
- Chives or green onion (for garnish)
1. Break the cauliflower up into florets, or just chop. Place in boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender — a fork should easily pierce it.
2. Drain hot cauliflower and put into a food processor. Add cream cheese, garlic, onion powder and broth mixture. Pulse until smooth.
Serving size: 1 cup